JUMP-START YOUR ENCORE CAREER
Whatever your motivation, starting a search for an encore career isn’t easy. But you can get some help from the Get Started Guide, funded by MetLife Foundation and published by Encore.org. Hailed as “essential reading” by The Wall Street Journal, the Guide offers expert advice, tips and success stories that will help you pursue your encore career in education, health care, government, the environment or the nonprofit sector.
GET STARTED GUIDE
Table of Contents
- Now that I’m ready to get started, what should I expect?
- What do I need to know about job hunting these days?
- How do I prepare for the possibility of earning less money?
- How do I update my job skills
- How do I finance the transition to an encore career?
- How can I turn volunteering into a job?
- How do I transition from a corporate job to a nonprofit one?
- What does it take to break into health care?
- How do I become a teacher?
- What is a green job, and how do I get one?
- What are the encore career opportunities in government?
- What are the options for striking out on my own?
SHARE THE GUIDE
Help others start their encore careers by sending them the Guide via your social networks. Use the links below or click on the ShareThis button at the bottom of this page.
Connect with others and share photos, videos, news and comments: