In 2011, program and policy leaders, researchers, employers and innovators came together to form the Greater Boston Encore Action Network to advance the encore movement in the Boston area.
The Greater Boston Encore Action Network (G-BEAN) promotes productive aging by supporting development of encore work opportunities and pathways to paid or unpaid encore work that leverage the talent and match the shifting interests and income needs of older adults. G-BEAN believes that older adults who are productively engaged in meaningful work are helping individuals, the community and society as a whole.
G-BEAN members work together to:
- Share information, best practices and other resources
- Offer opportunities for joint action, collaboration and advocacy
- Engage In projects providing mutual support and benefit
The focus of G-BEAN’s work together falls into four categories:
Founding G-BEAN members include:
- AARP Massachusetts
- Cape Cod Community College
- Discovering What’s Next
- Experience Corps
- Generations Incorporated
- Intergenerational Urban Institute at Worcester State University
- Life Planning Network
- Minuteman Senior Services
- Sloan Center on Aging and Work at Boston College
- Suffolk University NExT3
- Individual encore entrepreneurs
More information: Greater Boston Encore Action Network Mission
To learn more, contact Doug Dickson.