Location: San Francisco, California - CA
Posted by: Encore.org
Type of organization: Nonprofit
Last updated: April 26, 2014
Calling all social media dynamos and marketing mavens!
The Marketing & Communications Associate position is a great opportunity for a tech-savvy and detail-oriented communications specialist. Apply your communication skills to a robust combination of digital story-telling, research and high visibility media relations, while helping us market our innovative programs that elevate the idea of encore careers and provide pathways to meaningful second acts, combining personal passion and social impact.
The person hired for this position will be expected to do the work within an environment that values mutual respect, rapid response to changing conditions or new opportunities, flexibility and intelligence, as well as a sense of humor and humility.
The role offers the chance to combine passion with pragmatism, intellectual curiosity with outstanding organizational and technical skills, and the opportunity to be part of a social movement to establish a completely new way of thinking about what constitutes success in the second half of life.
Encore.org is an often-virtual team culture that maintains a business office in The Presidio of San Francisco and supports employees and key consultants in several US locations, including New York City and Boston. This role will present opportunities to travel to our various offices and workspaces, and to collaborate with a group of colleagues scattered across the country.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop content and provide support for our website, blogs, news posts, e-newsletters, mass emails, and social media platforms;
- Maintain the Encore.org website and any other microsites on a daily basis, using WordPress;
- Support and expand Encore.org’s presence on and user engagement with key social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn;
- Work with other Encore.org team members and outside designers to produce marketing collateral and media materials, including press kits, brochures, fact sheets, talking points and presentations;
- Produce and distribute e-newsletters, mass emails, and other e-blasts;
- Provide clerical and administrative support for the Marketing & Communications Department including creating and maintaining files, scheduling meetings, and other miscellaneous tasks;
- Manage the team's internal administrative processes, systems, and procedures;
- Manage Encore.org’s photo and video library, including uploading and organizing photos on Flickr, managing requests for use of our media assets by other organizations and maintaining records of permissions for use of all images;
- Maintain a marketing and communications calendar for all Encore.org initiatives;
- Track media coverage, journalists, and related issues; organize and produce contact lists and reports; create and distribute news clips;
- Track social media impact using Google analytics and other tools;
To download a PDF of the full job description, click here.
While no candidate embodies every desired quality, the ideal person for this position will offer most of the skills and experiences listed below. He or she will demonstrate:
- Passion for and proficiency with digital and social media, from web writing to LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, and an interest in whatever comes next.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience and comfort with WordPress.
- Desire to learn Adobe Creative Suite; and any other programs or applications useful to a digital environment. Experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Experience with Constant Contact, Salesforce and Drupal CMS a plus.
- Ability to manage a diverse portfolio of responsibilities with competing deadlines and different project supervisors.
- Excellent project management abilities, including creating timelines, budgets, and reports.
- Recognition of the value of internal stakeholder customer service, and patience with and commitment to delivering on that philosophy.
- Skilled written and oral communicator.
- Ability to work independently, manage his/her own work, and self correct.
- Rigorous, almost obsessive, attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format along with a cover letter describing your interest in the role, technical qualifications and your salary requirements. Cover letters will be judged as writing samples, and therefore we will not consider any application without one. Your letter should detail how you meet the qualifications outlined in this announcement.
Send your resume and letter as one document to email@example.com. Name your attachment with the format: Your Last Name “COMM” Application. (For instance, Jones COMM Application).
No calls please. Principals only.
It is Encore.org’s policy to employ, compensate and advance personnel without regard to sex, race, color, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, physical disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Position available immediately – open until filled.