Encore.org accounts are intended for personal use. To ensure the Encore.org online community is a place for all members to feel welcome and respected, we ask everyone to follow a few simple guidelines.
What to do:
- Be polite and be respectful. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Post comments and share information relevant to the Encore.org community. Our focus is helping people find – and create opportunities for – encore careers that combine purpose, passion and a paycheck.
- Offer content that will pique others’ interest and spur conversation.
- Link back to Encore.org when you post your Encore.org content elsewhere.
- Be open and truthful.
- Find other members who share your interests and connect with them. You’ll find many Encore.org members who are willing to share their experiences and offer advice.
- Protect your privacy. Comments you post are visible to the general public. Don’t give out personal information such as your email address, telephone number or street address. Members can email you without seeing your email address by clicking on the “Contact” tab of your profile.
- Report inappropriate content or actions from other members to email@example.com.
What not to do:
- Don’t post hateful, profane or salacious content.
- Don’t gang up on other members or be confrontational.
- Don't dominate discussion threads or engage in inappropriate self-promotion.
- Don’t use Encore.org for commercial purposes. Don’t post content or send messages to other members clearly meant for your personal or financial gain. Commercial use of Encore.org must be approved by Encore.org. The only place where it is acceptable to post about your legitimate outside business is your Encore.org profile.
- Don’t share personal information about anyone else or repost private messages.
The Bottom Line: Encore.org reserves the right to delete any comments at any time. Users who persist in violating community guidelines may be barred from posting to this site.