ADVICE & RESOURCES
Start here to access advice from experts and resources to start you on your encore journey.
The Get Started Guide answers the most common questions about exploring your options and finding an encore career. More >
Teach-Now.org, the website of the National Center for Alternative Certification, is a clearinghouse of information about paths to a teaching credential.
Discover Nursing offers information on nursing jobs and training programs.
Green Careers: Choosing Work for a Sustainable Future provides details about the emerging field of environmental jobs.
Bridgestar’s Transition to the Nonprofit Sector portal helps people make the switch from for-profit work to nonprofit organizations.
The U.S. Small Business Administration’s 50-Plus Entrepreneur site offers advice for older entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs.
6 GREAT RESOURCES
These career guides and books about the second half of life will help you start thinking about your encore career journey:
- The Idealist Guide to Nonprofit Careers for Sector Switchers
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2012: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers
- A Long Bright Future: An Action Plan for a Lifetime of Happiness, Health, and Financial Security
- Encore: Finding Work That Matters in the Second Half of Life
- Get Started Guide
- The Big Shift: Navigating the New State Beyond Midlife