If you’re looking for a job with social purpose, here’s a good place to start. Although Encore.org is not a job matching service, we have compiled websites and resources helpful for encore career seekers. Take a look.
- Encore Career Finder – This service, powered by Prime CB, scours more than 5 million listings for encore-friendly jobs.
- Idealist.org – The largest nonprofit job site features thousands of jobs and other helpful content.
- AARP – The membership organization for people 50 and older lists jobs from various sectors.
- USAJOBS – The federal government’s official employment site lets you apply right from the job postings.
- NonProfit Job Seeker –The NonProfit Times, a leading nonprofit management publication, offers job listings and advice on this site.
- Commongood Careers – This small, but high-quality database of listings focuses on the executive and mid-management levels.
- Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group – This search firm lists a few prime positions at nonprofits.
- ReServe (select locations) – This organization matches professionals 55-plus with part-time service opportunities that pay a modest stipend.
- GreenBiz.com – This news site offers a frequently updated list of environmentally conscious jobs.